Sunday, November 24, 2013

Meal Planning Made Easy

As of late, I have been having a hard time coming up with dinner ideas. All I can come up with is the same old, same old but I'm craving variety. Another dilemma is what to have for sides. Meat, potatoes and a veggie are just not cutting it these days. I've decided that I would make a list of all the entrees we enjoy along with ideas for sides and make a mix and match worksheet. The possibilities for meals would be endless. It's also an easy way to get all the food groups included in one meal. However, I didn't leave a space for dairy; we typically have a glass of milk or include cheese in our meal somehow. Other ways to add dairy would be to have a small bowl of cottage cheese or yogurt.


This list will make weekly meal planning and grocery shopping much easier.  I have looked through many blogs trying to find the right meal planning worksheet. Many of those included the grocery list on the actual meal plan. For me that just doesn't work so I decided to make all the worksheets separate.



The worksheets aren't anything pretty. I made them simple and straight forward. I wanted something that wasn't overly complicated and would suit my family's needs. I can print what I need and stick it to the inside of my cupboard for the rest of my family to see. I typically write two grocery lists. One to add to during the week and another to rewrite before grocery shopping. I like things to be in order and I usually shop at a few different grocery stores so having more than one lists makes it easier.


Get the forms here:
Dinner Mix & Match
Grocery List
Weekly Meal Planner


Enjoy!
Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment