Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cake Bars

So you'll notice that a lot of my recipes will come from Pinterest. I...love...Pinterest. I love trying new recipes especially baked goods as you'll notice. I have somewhat of a sweet tooth; I definitely need to get a handle on it but not right now :)

So what I have for you today is cake bars. They are delicious! Moist and full of chocolatey goodness. I like to try things a few times before I actually write them in my cookbook and this is definitely a keeper.  It is a dump and bake kind of recipe, no special instructions required. Takes about 5 minutes to prepare and the rest is bake time.

The only things you'll need to gather are yellow cake mix, box of instant vanilla pudding, water, oil, eggs, and any sort of chocolate chips/M&M's ~ I used mini red/green M&M's and mini milk chocolate chips.

Start by mixing everything together. I went a little overboard with the M&M's and Chocolate Chips as you'll notice. The dough will be very thick and sticky be sure to grease a 9x13 in. pan very well. I used olive oil spray and haven't had any problems.

Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. The edges will look golden brown while the middle will most likely look a tad bit raw.

I haven't experimented enough with this recipe but you could certainly use different cake mixes and different kinds of chocolate chips. Maybe the next time I make it I'll use chocolate cake mix with peanut butter chips.

I got this recipe from this blog but the original came from here.
 
Cake Mix Cookie Bars
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Small Box of Instant Vanilla Pudding
1/4 Cup Water
3/4 Cups Oil
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Mini M&M's



No comments:

Post a Comment